EXPERIENCED CHEMIST/POLYMER/NANO SCIENTIST NEEDED
Background: Today, microplastics pollute marine and freshwater environments. They have been shown to affect feeding behavior and predator avoidance, and can interact with other pollutants to affect cell function in fish. They’re also able to move from the digestive tract of organisms into the bloodstream. Therefore, European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) is proposing a global ban on commercial products containing microplastics that will come into force in the very near future. Although personal care product have only a minor incidence in the global microplastics pollution (<2%), the need for greener and biodegradable alternatives is crucial. Ecopol Tech is ready to take the challenge.
- PhD with at least 2 years of full-time postdoctoral/industrial research experience or BSc/MSc degree with 6 years of full-time research experience.
- Chemist/chemical engineer with experience in relevant fields (organic chemistry / polymer science / nano - micro delivery systems).
- Past in deep experience with micro - nano emulsification techniques and polymerization at the oil/water interphase.
- Highly valued experience in polyurethane and polyurea chemistry.
- Multidisciplinary work environment. The right candidate should be able to lead research and coordinate multiple projects in microencapsulation and nanoencapsulation of a broad range of molecules for cosmetics and healthcare application.
- The candidate will work principally at Ecopol Tech in close collaboration with a multinational CPG company. In charge of developing fully biodegradable and smart encapsulation systems and bringing the product to the global market.
- The candidate will work closely to Production, and Marketing teams.
- Highly valued if candidate is a proactive team mate, with excellent organizational skills, communicative, good person and comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly valued to live close to Ecopol Tech HQ and have a valid driving license.
Interested candidates please email us at email@example.com to learn more about this opportunity.
See more info: http://catalonia.com/innovate-in-catalonia/tecniospringplus/tecniospringdescription.jsp
Deadline to receive applications: September 7, 2019